John 21:15-17 (ESV)
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.
Ask yourself these questions?
- Do you say you love Jesus but people don’t see it?
- Are you excited about the mere mention of Christ name?
- Are you asking Jesus to make you more like him?
- Is He the priority in your life?
- Are serving Him at work, at your church, in your community?
Go back to the day you were saved. Do you remember how you felt? Most of us could hardly wait to get back to church the next week. We read His word, talk about Him to everyone would listen and we wanted to know every thing we could about Heaven and Jesus. So what happened?
Romans 3:23 (ESV) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
We forget we are sinners in need of Christ forgiveness. Either we are living in sin or we begin to judge others sins not our own, thinking that WE are ok. We no longer pray for God to remove the sins in our life.
- We have become one or more of these things: 2 Timothy 3:1–4 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
- We have lost faith because we have stopped asking God for impossible things.Matthew 17:20 ESV He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
- We forgot how much He loves us. Romans 5:8 (ESV) but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Ephesians 3:17b-19, “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (NIV)